A 3-way mirror is something that can help you achieve the haircut you’re looking for without having to turn your head in all odd directions. If you’re someone who cuts your own hair, then a 3-way mirror is definitely one to consider buying.
However, picking the best 3-way mirror for self haircuts is not an easy task and you should consider a number of factors such as size, mirror angles and durability before you can find the right one.
So, in order to make your selection easier, our team at Mammoth Men will take you through the top 7 best 3-way mirrors for self haircuts that you can buy today. These mirrors were put through a number of tests to determine whether they are worth it, and they passed the tests with flying colors.
Here are the best 3-way mirrors for self haircuts that are for sale on Amazon.
- Glemme Self-Cut 3-Way Mirror
- Self-Cut System 3-Way Travel Mirror
- Housables Tri Fold Mirror
- Beennavot Rechargeable 3-Way Mirror
- Danielle Enterprises Silver 3-Way Mirror
- Deweisn Tri Fold Lighted Mirror
- Easehold Rechargeable 3-Way Mirror
Recommended Read: Best Shape Up Clippers
Top 7 Best 3-Way Mirror for Self Haircut
Glemme Self-Cut 3-Way Mirror
If you’re looking for the best, then the Glemme self-cut 3-way mirror is one you should definitely consider buying. This professional hairstyling mirror is an easy-to-use and lightweight unit that you can carry along with you no matter where you may go.
It’s affordable and comes equipped with 28 LED lights and a brightness adjuster so you can easily cut your hair in the middle of the night. The Glemme 3-way mirror is worth every cent and with its unique design, you will never miss a patch of hair on your head again.
- 360-degree coverage
- 28 LED lights with adjustable brightness settings
- Adjustable handle
- Built-in 1500mAh battery that can be USB recharged
- Kit includes – Neck duster brush, barber cape, charging cable non-mark hooks and adhesive hooks
Self-Cut System 3-Way Travel Mirror
Self-Cut Systems is a well known brand on Amazon that specializes in everything you’d need to cut your hair like a pro. Their 3-way travel mirror is smaller than the Glemme and does not come with any LED lights, but it does include a free mobile app that teaches you how to cut your own hair at home.
It’s a versatile mirror that has an adjustable telescope hook so you can place the mirror on the wall or a door at the height that is comfortable for you. This mirror provides you with a total 360-degree view of your head so your haircuts are precise and on point.
- Adjustable telescopic hooks
- 360-degree field of view
- Can be used right out of the box
- Helps save money on the long run
Housables Tri Fold Mirror
The Housables tri fold mirror is a lightweight glass mirror that provides you with a 360-degree view of your head so you don’t miss out on any section of hair. It’s perfect to use while shaving or trimming and can easily be positioned in any room of the house.
You can choose to either hang the mirror on the wall or place it on a table depending on which is more comfortable for you and what we really loved about the Housables tri fold mirror is that the base is made from a solid alloy so it doesn’t slip when placed on a countertop or table.
- Adjustable 360-degree view
- Beveled glass frame
- Lightweight and easy to move
- 31” length and 21” in height
Beennavot Rechargeable 3-Way Mirror
The Beennavot 3-way mirror is an Amazon favorite and a popular mirror that comes with a built-in rechargeable battery and an LED lighting system. This mirror helps cut down the time it takes to cut your hair in half and is much more effective than a 2-way mirror.
It’s made from real mirror glass and is equipped with an adjustable telescope hooking system to adjust the height and can easily be folded and taken with you on a trip. Even with the lights on, we did not notice any distortion or fades in the reflection.
- 26 LED lights with a light control switch
- Durable casing with a suitcase build
- Fog-free glass
- Extendable handle to adjust the height of the mirror
- Rechargeable built-in battery
Danielle Enterprises Silver 3-Way Mirror
The Danielle Enterprises silver 3-way mirror is by far the most affordable 3-way mirror on this list and is quite the functional unit. It comes with a well designed base that lets you use the mirror as either a handheld unit, resting on the table or hanging from a wall hook.
It offers a 1x true image view and can cover up to 180-degrees of your head. Each mirror is specially designed from top quality optical glass for a distortion-free reflection and is designed in such a way that it looks great in any room.
- 180-degree field of view
- High-quality optical glass
- 7” in height and 10” length
- Versatile base with Stainless steel silver coated body
Deweisn Tri Fold Lighted Mirror
If you’re looking for a premium quality 3-way mirror that’s affordable, then you should definitely consider getting the Deweisn tri fold mirror today. This beauty of a mirror comes with 21 LED lights that are connected to a touch sensor that allow you to modify the brightness no matter the surroundings.
The Deweisn tri fold mirror has a 180-degree swivel rotatable design which you can take advantage of and position the mirror in any way you like. The side mirror panels offer a custom viewing experience and will provide you with 1x, 2x, or 3x magnification of your face or head so you can cut your hair or trim your beard with ease and not miss out on anything.
- 21 LED lights with touch sensor controls
- 4xAAA batteries (rechargeable) can be connected via a microUSB cable
- 180-degree swivel rotatable design
- Black finish, available multiple colors
Easehold Rechargeable 3-Way Mirror
Easehold may not be a name you’re familiar with, but with over 11k positive ratings so far, it’s one you should consider getting to know. This brand has some of the best high quality and affordable products in the market and their rechargeable 3-way mirror is probably their best.
This mirror comes equipped with 68 LEDs and a massive 3500mAh rechargeable built-in battery. It offers 4 levels of magnification on the side mirrors and you will also get a detachable 10x magnification mirror that you can use for detailing your beard or sideburns.
- 3500mAh rechargeable battery
- 68 LED with 3x brightness
- 4 Levels of magnification
- Durable and sturdy stand
Advantages of using a 3-way Mirror
A 3-way mirror has many advantages over a 2-way mirror or single mirror. You get a better field of view, they are easier to use and are versatile. Here are some of the main advantages of using a 3-way mirror.
- Placement – One of the advantages of using a 3-way mirror is it can be placed anywhere you like. 3-way mirrors generally come with either an extendable handle or hooks that let you place it on a door frame or in the bathroom. Some offer base stands that you can use and place the mirror on a table or countertop.
- Range of view – Another plus point about using a 3-way mirror is the range of view provided. These mirrors generally offer 180-360-degrees field of view thus allowing you to cut your hair or create a unique style even at the back from the confines of your home. In this case, the bigger the mirror, the better.
- Level of Magnification – Since these mirrors consist of 3 panels, some products come with sectioned panels that offer different levels of magnification. There are a few mirrors such as the Easehold and Deweisn that can grant the user with up to 4x-10x magnification and let you zoom in for a more detailed haircut.
- Easy to clean – 3-way mirrors are easier to clean than your traditional wall mounted mirrors and this is because you can remove or dismount a 3-way mirror and clean it without breaking a sweat.
How can you cut the back of your hair?
If you’re cutting your own hair, you might find it rather difficult to cut the hair at the back of your head without messing things up. That is where 3-way mirrors come in, these mirrors offer a 360-degree field of view and make it easier for you to see the back of your head. Always use a pair of clippers instead of scissors on the back of your hair and ensure you trim the corners to finish up with a smooth and clean look.
How can you set up a 3-way mirror to cut your hair?
3-Way mirrors are flexible and versatile styling mirrors that let you angle two out of the three mirrors in any direction until you have a full view of your head. Ensure the mirror is positioned on either a flat and stable surface or hooked at an adequate level to match your height. Adjust the side mirrors so you can see sections of your head and turn your head to the side to see if you can view the back without straining too much.
How can you clean a 3-way mirror?
While cleaning a 3-way mirror, ensure it has been dismounted and placed flat on a table or sink. Use a formula of distilled water, cornstarch and vinegar to remove dirt stuck on the mirror and bring back the shine. You can also wipe the mirror with alcohol wipes and then a microfiber cloth. It’s best if you wipe the mirror at least once a day after using it so there is no accumulation of dust or cobwebs.