As you grow old, you have to switch over to a high-quality shaver or electric razor because your skin will start to get sensitive and soft.
The best electric razor for elderly men would be the one that can cut through your thick facial hair and provide you with a close shave while being gentle on your skin.
There are many electric razors out there that claim to be ideal for elderly men, but we found that the best electric razor to buy is the Braun’s Series 7. It is a top-rated electric shaver that was designed for seniors and is safe to use even if you have loose skin.
After taking factors such as durability, performance, simplicity and price into consideration, we were able to draw up the following list of the top 6 best electric razors for elderly men.
- Braun Electric Razor for Men Series 7 790cc
- Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
- Andis 17150 Pro
- Philips Norelco Shaver 4500
- Braun Electric Razor for Men Series 9 9370cc
- Wahl Professional 5-Star Series Rechargeable Shaver
Recommended Read: Best Shaving Cream for Wet Electric Shaver 2021
Top 6 Best Electric Razor for Elderly Men
Braun Electric Razor for Men Series 7 790cc
The Braun Series 7 is the best professional electric razor for elderly men that we’ve had the chance to test. It is also one of the most popular razors on the market and considering that it has been flying off the shelves since then, it’s something we couldn’t ignore and had to give it a try.
It’s an intelligent razor that uses Braun’s signature Sonic Technology which allows the trimmer to change the power automatically by gauging how thick the hair is. This feature lets you have a close shave without any nicks and cuts.
The trimmer head of the Series 7 can move in 8 directions allowing you to trim hair in hard to reach areas of your face, neck and even your nose. It’s powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery that can run for a period of 50 minutes to an hour even when you use one of the 5 built-in modes.
|Modes||5 Turbo/Sensitive Modes|
|Efficiency||30,000 Cross-Cutting Actions per Minute|
|Battery Life||50 Minutes|
Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
The Arc5 from Panasonic is an extremely precise trimmer/razor that is quite easy to handle. It comes equipped with a powerful motor, a good battery and high-quality blades that can cut through your hair effortlessly.
This electric razor is ideal for elderly men for many reasons, but the one that stands out i think will be the fact that it comes with a multi-flex pivoting head allowing you to shave along the contour of your face. This makes it easier to use on loose skin and with adjustable speeds, you can set it according to your liking.
It follows a 5-blade system and can be used either when your face is wet or dry. The high performance motor is capable of delivering 70,000 cross cuts per minute and with the pop-up detail trimmer that’s built-in to the device, you can even trim your mustache, sideburns and beard at one go.
|Shaving System||5 Blades|
|Efficiency||70,000 Cross-Cutting Actions per Minute|
|Battery Life||40 Minutes|
Andis 17150 Pro
The next one on this list is a professional-grade shaver that’s designed for elderly men and those looking for a close shave. The Andis 17150 Pro is one of the lightest and affordable electric razors in the market today and is currently one of Amazon’s best selling products.
It’s powered by a high-performance motor that has been coupled with a rechargeable Li-ion battery to deliver an impressive 80 minutes of shaving time on a single charge. The motor is silent and wouldn’t cause a disturbance to anyone around you.
The blades on the 17150 Pro are made of titanium foil that allow for a close shave and what’s great about this electric razor is that it can be used corded or cordless, thus providing you with the option of whether to use it while traveling or at home.
|Shaving System||Staggered Head Shaving Blades|
|Battery Life||80 Minutes|
Philips Norelco Shaver 4500
We’ve covered the Philips Norelco 7000 earlier in our review for the best goatee trimmer, now we’re going to talk a little bit about the Norelco Shaver 4500. This is another fine product from Philip’s Norelco range that’s equipped with numerous features making it one of the best electric razors on the market.
This particular model even uses Philip’s patented Lift and Cut dual-blade technology that basically lifts your hair as it cuts through protecting your skin from any razor burns or nicks. This is perfect especially for elderly men because their skin tends to get loose and could get snagged in the blades.
Ideally, electric razors are meant to be waterproof and Philips nailed it with this design making it perfect to use even when having a shower. It’s powered by a long lasting Li-ion battery that has the juice to provide you with a complete shave/trim before getting drained.
|Shaving System||DualPrecision Pivoting Heads|
|Battery Life||50 Minutes|
Braun Electric Razor for Men Series 9 9370cc
The Braun Series 9 is by fat the most efficient electric razor in the market that delivers a great shaving experience by cutting as much hair as possible in a single stroke.
This German brand has been manufacturing high-end shavers, razors and trimmers that come equipped with advanced technology and the Series 9 is no different. This beast uses an AutoSensing motor and runs on SyncroSonic technology that lets you trim your hair easily.
It’s powered by an impressive battery that takes roughly an hour to fully charge and thanks to the flexible shaving head, the trimmer is able to successfully map the contours of your face and deliver a clean shave every time.
This is one of Braun’s top products so don’t expect it to be cheap and affordable. It’s something that will not disappoint you and has been designed for older men, so if you have the money to shell out, don’t hesitate with this model.
|Shaving System||5 Shaving Elements; 2 Specialized Trimmers|
|Features||Intelligent Sonic and AutoSense Technology|
|Battery Life||50 Minutes|
Wahl Professional 5-Star Series Rechargeable Shaver
The last one on this list is the Wahl Professional 5-Star series rechargeable shaver. This is one of the best trimmers for elderly men today and is widely regarded as the best trimmer to use on sensitive skin mainly because of the hypoallergenic gold foil blades.
It delivers a remarkably close-cut trim and does not cause any skin irritation. This model in the 5-Star series from Wahl is powered by a whisper quiet motor and is compact making shaving and trimming your beard an effortless task.
The razor is powered by a rechargeable Ni-CAD battery that delivers around 60 minutes of run time per charge and along with this product you will also receive a foil guard, charging adapter, cleaning brush and a user manual.
|Shaving System||Staggered Rolling Blades with Hypoallergenic Gold Foil|
|Battery Life||60 Minutes|
How to Choose the Right Electric Razor for Elderly Men?
Elderly men have sensitive skin that tends to be loose and if you end up using the wrong razor, there are chances of you cutting yourself.
Here are things to look for in an electric razor especially if you’re an elderly man.
- Blades – You need to pick an electric razor that is equipped with sharp and durable blades, preferably a set that comes with self-sharpening blades. Make sure these blades are made of stainless steel and come with rounded tips to avoid and unpleasant feeling and the possibility of skin irritation.
- Motor – Another point to consider will be a powerful motor. It’s useless buying a razor with sharp blades but lacks the performance to cut your facial hair. A high-performance motor will drive more power to your blades allowing them to work seamlessly without getting stuck or snagging on your hair.
- Battery Life – The battery life of the electric razor is definitely one important point to consider especially if you’re looking to buy a cordless one. high-performance electric razors are normally equipped with a rechargeable Li-ion battery that delivers a clean shave every time. Some razors even come with an indicator that lets you know how much battery life is remaining in the device and when to charge it.
- Adjustable Settings – Since there are going to be changes in our skin as we grow older, electric razors for sensitive skin are perfect to buy. Pick a razor that comes with adjustable settings for sensitive skin so that it can deliver a clean shave even in difficult to reach areas.
- Price – This is another important point to consider especially when picking an electric razor for elderly men. Razors are available in every range of pricing imaginable and it would solely depend on how much you’re willing to spend. Always pick the right one that fits your budget or visit your barber to have the job done.