If you’re a man who sports a set of ragged claws, then it’s high time you trim them down and learn to maintain good hygiene.
Manicure sets are great items to own simply because they contain all the necessary tools to keep your fingers and toes groomed and evenly shaped. Imagine having all your basic grooming essentials organized neatly inside an easy to access pouch.
Men’s manicure sets that are available today can help get rid of your ragged talons and keep your hands and fingers looking presentable. The only drawback is that there are so many manicure sets out there that at times it’s difficult to pick the right one.
But which is the best manicure set for men?
Based on my experience, the best manicure set for men has to be the Aceooce 8-in-1 kit and the second best kit, the Keiby Citom 18-pieces. Both kits contain all the basic tools required to groom your fingers and toes, and they are available at under $20 which is a steal considering both kits are made from high-grade materials and come wit hard shell cases.
Our team at Mammoth Men have tried and tested over 20 different manicure sets and were able to shortlist the following 10 best manicure sets for men that truly get the job done.
Here are the top 10 best manicure sets for men.
- Aceoce Manicure Set for Men
- Keiby Citom Professional Travel Grooming Kit
- Norchan Large 4 Piece Manicure Set
- Takumi Craftsman Luxury 9-Piece Kit
- Familife 11-in-1 Stainless Steel Manicure Set
- Tweezerman Essential Grooming Kit
- Revlon Men’s Series Grooming Kit
- Mr. Green Manicure Set
- Corewill 12-in-1 Manicure and Pedicure Set
- ManBasics Men’s Nail Grooming Kit
Recommended Read: Best Men’s Grooming Tools
Best Manicure Sets for Men – Buyer’s Guide
Here’s what you should consider when buying a manicure set for yourself.
- Check the Included Tools – A good manicure set is only as good as the tools it comes with. Every set has to include a pair of scissors, nail clippers, nail file, cuticle nipper, ear pick, tweezers and a blackhead remover. It’s ideal to pick one that includes all these tools rather than spending money on one that hardly has one or two items in it.
- Material – A good nail cutter, nail file, and scissors would be made of stainless steel or surgical steel. Anything else would rust or get damaged sooner. If you’re looking at the case, then the best case will be one that’s made of either high-quality leather or synthetic material that’s water-proof.
- Price – The final thing to consider when buying a manicure set is the price. Manicure kits are segregated into three categories: inexpensive (under $30), moderate (between $30 – $75) and expensive (over $75). This will depend on your budget and preference, so choose wisely.
- Travel vs Home Use – Most manicure sets are small and can easily fit inside your pocket or backpack. They can be carried around with you and can be taken on your trips. However, remember to leave the sharp tools that are not permitted by TSA at home or they will be confiscated.
- Case Type – Consider the type of case it comes with, the size of the case, closure and even type of storage. Cases are even made from different kinds of materials such as Leather, aluminum, cloth or even polyurethane, so make sure you check what kind of case it is and if it’s ideal for your requirements before buying a set for yourself.
Best Manicure Sets for Men: An Overview
|Top 10 Best Manicure Sets for Men||List of Contents|
|Aceoce Manicure Set for Men||Best Overall|
|Keiby Citom Professional Travel Grooming Kit||Best for Versatility|
|Norchan Large 4 Piece Manicure Set||Best for Durability|
|Takumi Craftsman Luxury 9-Piece Kit||Best for Male Grooming|
|Familife 11-in-1 Stainless Steel Manicure Set||Best for Professional Grooming|
|Tweezerman Essential Grooming Kit||Best for Anti-Corrosive Properties|
|Revlon Men’s Series Grooming Kit||Best for Price|
|Mr. Green Manicure Set||Best for Low Maintenance|
|Corewill 12-in-1 Manicure and pedicure Set||Best for Traveling|
|ManBasics Men’s Nail Grooming Kit||Best for Compact Size|
Top 10 Best Manicure Sets for Men
Aceoce Manicure Set for Men
I was taken aback when I first came across the Aceoce manicure set for men. It’s one of the most practical daily tool kits that you can find even if it only consists of 8 grooming tools.
I enjoyed using this kit mainly for its matte black finish on the tools and the fact that they come with a nice portable hard case with leather coating that has a locking mechanism on the side to prevent the tools from falling out.
This kit will help any man keep their toes and finger tips well-groomed and can easily be stored in your pocket, backpack or crossbody bag.
One of the best things about the Aceoce kit is that all the tools are made from durable surgical and stainless steel and are anti-corrosive so you don’t get any infection while trimming your nails.
- Well built stainless steel and surgical steel tools
- Metal components are anti-corrosive
- Comes with a neat semi-rigid case that’s travel friendly
- Could have included more tools
Keiby Citom Professional Travel Grooming Kit
Here’s a wonderfully designed high quality manicure set for men that we felt had the right number of tools, though it could do with a slight price cut.
Equipped with 18 pieces for a complete pedicure/manicure experience, the Keiby Citom kit is one you should consider buying. Each tool has been carefully crafted and inspected for flaws before being packed and sold.
The tools are made from an anti-corrosive material and have a coating of black polish that has anti-skid technology preventing them from slipping out of your hands when in use.
The case is well built and I loved the aesthetic design and color combination of this set. For the final touch, the outer layer of the case is made from PU leather that provides the whole kit with a premium feel.
- Decent variety of tools in this kit
- Aesthetic design with premium finish on the inside and outside
- One of the best manicure kits we’ve used
- Reasonably priced, could do with a slight price cut though
Norchan Large 4 Piece Manicure Set
There no doubt that this kit is one of the most durable manicure kits for men we’ve had the opportunity to buy and try. Each tool is made from high-density steel and have been built to be durable and fracture resistant when put under stress.
All tools are quite large when compared to other manicure sets on this list. This is a good thing because the bigger they are the easier it is to hold and maneuver them.
However, though these tools are made from high quality materials like stainless steel, alloy steel and plastic cement they don’t come with a travel case, instead you get a hard plastic flat base case for them that can be easily stored in your bag or pocket.
- Premium quality materials were used to make these tools
- Slightly heavy, but offers great grip
- Has a nice compact soft zipper pouch to store the tools
- Does not come with a travel-friendly hard case
Takumi Craftsman Luxury 9-Piece Kit
I’ve been using the Takumi kit for a while not and have to say that this kit contains some impressive and effective grooming tools to not only trim your fingernails but also your nose hair and ear hair.
It has everything a man needs to help him look his best and all these tools come in a neat little leather zip-pouch.
Each kit contains a nail clipper, a nail nipper, cuticle cutter, nail file, cuticle remover, nail and cuticle cleaner, tweezers and a pair of nose scissors.
The Takumi luxury manicure set makes the perfect gifting option for men and has been designed to be unisex so women can also get in on the action. It’s definitely the best manicure set for men because it’s travel-friendly, compact and has all the necessary tools to maintain a neat set of nails.
- Ideal as a gifting option
- Designed to provide you with a safe and easy manicure
- Travel-friendly and the tools have a layer of anti-corrosive coating.
Familife 11-in-1 Stainless Steel Manicure Set
The Familife stainless steel manicure kit is a professional-grade kit that consists of everything you need to groom your finger and toe nails. This is one of the most affordable kits available and features 11 manicure tools to get the job done.
It’s a multi-functional kit that can be used by both men and women and all the tools included in this kit are safe to use on your hands, feet and face.
The kit includes 11 primary grooming tools such as a fingernail copper, toenail clipper, cuticle nipper, obtuse push broach, nail file, eyebrow tweezers, a V-shaped push stick, an ingrown toenail clipper, beauty scissors, cuticle knife and an ear pick.
All these tools come in a PU leather case that’s durable and travel-friendly. The handles of the tools feature an ergonomic design that is slip-proof so that you don’t lose your grip when trimming thicker and harder nails.
- Nice premium, leather case with high class finish on the tools
- Comes fully equipped to groom your fingers, toes and even nose/ear hair
- Each tool is anti-slip and won’t fall from your hands even if your palms are sweaty
- Slightly pricey, but worth it
Tweezerman Essential Grooming Kit
The Tweezerman essential grooming kit is a rather compact and down-to-earth kit that consists of 4 key tools to get your “groom” on. It’s priced at just under $30 and comes with a convenient carry case that keeps the tools protected and clean.
Each kit consists of a tweezerette for ingrown hair, facial hair scissors, fingernail clippers and a multi-purpose nail tool for filing your nails.
They are made from stainless steel which keeps them protected from moisture and rust formation. They’re also easy to clean and all you’d have to do is simply hold them under running water for a few seconds.
Tweezerman has been developing grooming products for over 40 years now and their high-quality tools are both reliable and durable. They’re one of the best brands out there and the essential grooming kit is one of the best manicure sets for men.
- High quality components and materials used
- Durable and easy to maintain
- Quite expensive considering the kit only contains 4 tools
Revlon Men’s Series Grooming Kit
The Revlon men’s series grooming kit is a budget-friendly choice for those who are looking to groom their nails on a budget. This is a 4-piece set that has been specifically designed for men and is one of Revlon’s most durable and portable manicure kits out there.
Each kit includes a pair of safety scissors, a 2-in-1 nail clipper, slanted tweezers and a nail file. All these essential grooming tools come in a nifty travel case which you can store anywhere thanks to it’s hard clam-shell design.
All the tools included in this set are made from stainless steel and even though it’s sold at an affordable price, the Revlon men’s series grooming kit does have it’s limitations.
The Revlon kit is a beginner kit for men and the included tools will help you easily clean and trim your nails in no time. The scissors can even be used on your nose, ear hair and eyebrows as well if that’s something you do.
- Budget friendly manicure kit for men
- Well designed storage case
- Compact and lightweight tools
- Ideal for beginners, does not include other essential tools to groom your nails
Mr. Green Manicure Set
The Mr. Green manicure set is another 4-piece manicure kit to own today. It’s equipped with a nail clipper, toenail clipper, nail file and a nail nipper that you can use to cut and trim your finger and toenails easily.
Each tool in this kit has been made from Japanese 420j2 surgical grade stainless steel that’s extremely sharp and wouldn’t require any sharpening. The kit comes with a nice PU leather pouch that has individual slots for each tool and is compact enough to fit in your pocket or handbag.
The Mr. Green kit is not something that everyone would be happy to own. The main reason why you should consider this kit is due to the fact that each tool has been made from surgical steel and the reason not to consider it is for the fact that it’s expensive and lacks some of the important pieces of equipment you might need.
- Made from surgical-grade steel
- Stainless steel blades don’t require any sharpening
- Well made and durable leather hard pouch
- Does not include some key tools to groom your nails
Corewill 12-in-1 Manicure and Pedicure Set
The Corwell 12-in-1 is one of the best manicure sets for men since it comes with everything you need to trim your finger/toenails easily from the comfort of your home. The kit has been made of 100% authentic stainless steel that’s both sharp and sturdy allowing you to easily cut your nails.
The set consists of three different sizes of nail clippers, a pair of eyebrow scissors, eyebrow tweezers, toenail clippers, ear pick, nail file, blackhead remover, a V-shaped tool and two nail cleaning tools.
All 12 pieces fit perfectly within the protective synthetic grey leather case allowing you to easily carry it with you to your office, on a trip would make a perfect Birthday/Christmas gift for the male members of your family.
One of the main reasons to consider the Corewill is for the fact that this kit comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee as well as a 6-month warranty.
- The kit contains 12 essential components
- Makes a perfect birthday gift
- Comes with a 6 month warranty which most kits don’t offer
ManBasics Men’s Nail Grooming Kit
The ManBasics is an essential must-have for all men who are looking to trim their nails on a regular basis. Unlike other kits that come with an array of tools, the ManBasics consists only of 2 size nail clippers and a portable nail file.
This kit is perfect for men who are always traveling since it’s compact and can easily be stored in your pocket, briefcase, travel kit and so on. It’s perfect for fathers, brothers and husbands who need a good trim.
While it may not be the most functional manicure kit out there, it is easy to use and is pocket-friendly, something that most men prefer to use.
- The smallest manicure kit we’ve tested
- Well made storage case and components
- Ideal for daily use
- Only 3 tools to trim and manage your nails
What are the benefits of using a manicure set
There are many benefits of using a manicure set. They make your nails look nice and can improve your overall health.
- Hygiene – By maintaining your nails you can reduce the chances of catching an infection or getting ingrown nails. You limit the spread of bacteria and get rid of the dead skin around your nails.
- Positive First Impression – If you’re meeting someone for the first time and are concerned about making a good impression then it’s a good idea for you to trim and groom your nails.
- Relaxation – Yes, getting a manicure can relax you and will promote blood circulation that can help you relax after a long day. Getting someone else to give you a manicure is one of the best feelings ever.
Do men need manicure sets?
In short, yes they do. Manicure sets are not only designed for women but can actually help men maintain and keep their beard, facial hair and even finger/toenails. A gentleman will always have neat and clean fingers and it can be achieved only by using a good manicure set for men.
What all do you get in a manicure set?
Not every manicure set is alike and depending on the kind of set you want, the components would vary. Typically, manicure sets for men will have scissors, clippers, cuticle nippers and a nail file. Expensive and more detailed sets would include additional components like acne tools, tweezers, ear picks and more.
Do manicure kits come with different nail clippers?
Basic manicure kits would regularly have one pair of clippers, but detailed kits can have more than one. You could find toenail clippers, scissor nail clippers, guillotine nail clippers or pliers clippers in the kit. Each one would have a unique purpose and not all of them are meant for your nails.