As a man, you’re going to need a couple of tools if you’re planning on grooming yourself from head to toe. These highly versatile tools are essential if you want to look neat and well groomed.
Yes, you can resort to a single razor or trimmer for all your grooming needs, but if you want the best results, it’s always ideal to use a grooming tool that’s specifically designed for specific regions of your body.
Today, at Mammoth Men we are going to list out the most essential and effective grooming tools for men. They are affordable, highly durable, versatile and will get the job done in no time.
Here are the best men’s grooming tools in the market that you can buy today.
- Wahl Peanut Corded Clipper
- Braun Series 7 Electric Shaver
- Philips Norelco OneBlade
- Andis 04603 Professional Outliner II Square Blade Trimmer
- Wahl Lithium Pen Detail Trimmer
- Manscaped Lawn Mower 4.0
- JohnBee Eyebrow Scissors
- Takumi Craftsman Luxury 9-Piece Kit
Recommended Read: Best Manicure Sets for Men
How to choose the best men’s grooming tools?
- Waterproof – If you’re someone who loves grooming while taking a shower, you should definitely invest in waterproof tools. Grooming in the shower is favorable mainly because the shower helps wash away particles and cut hair that’s sticking to your body. Make sure the tools you use are built to resist water and are safe to use in the shower.
- Versatility – Most grooming tools are versatile and can be used across your body. Check and see if the tools you buy are safe to use on other areas of your body and this will help you have a clutter-free workspace.
- Battery life – If you’re opting for a good wireless hair clipper or body hair trimmer, then you much check the battery life of the device and calculate whether it’s enough time to successfully groom yourself.
Why is it important to groom yourself?
There are many benefits of being well-groomed, some of them are:
- Grooming yourself helps maintain your appearance and will build your confidence levels.
- It shows others that you care about personal hygiene.
- Being well-groomed makes you all the more attractive simply because you look spick and span.
- Also, grooming yourself will draw people towards you. They will compliment your looks or smell and that’s a sure shot reason why you should stay well-groomed.
Best Men’s Grooming Tools
Wahl Peanut Corded Clipper
Best Body Trimmer
The Wahl Peanut is an affordable yet brilliant full-body trimmer. It’s reliable and can easily get rid of stray stubble or even thick grown hair in no time. This grooming tool is exceptionally powerful and offers a close trim/shave.
It’s one of the smallest trimmers in the market we’ve tried and is quite lightweight making it easy to maneuver even though it comes corded.
This trimmer comes with a decently long 7-foot professional-grade cord and is equipped with multiple attachments allowing you to easily set the desired length and for an effortless maintenance, Wahl has used removable blades that can be taken off the clipper and cleaned.
- Proprietary rotary motor
- 4 cutting attachments
- Detachable blades
Braun Series 7 Electric Shaver
Best Electric Shaver
The Braun Series 7 shaver is by far one of the best electric shavers for men. It’s also one of the most popular shavers in the market and is something you should definitely invest in. This razor uses Braun’s Sonic Technology that will automatically adjust the speed and blade level depending on the thickness of your hair.
It’s also capable of eliminating flat lying hair in difficult to reach areas thanks to the ActiveLift functionality that’s built into the shaver.
We loved the Braun series 7 mainly because it’s waterproof and safe to use in the shower. Also because it comes with a portable charging station and a travel case allowing you to carry the shaver wherever you go. You can also choose one of the five shaving modes depending on whether the region of your body you’re shaving and each charge will provide you with up to 50 minutes of cordless shaving capabilities.
- 3 Cutting elements + 1 skin guard
- Sonic & Autosense technology
- 5 Speed modes
- Alcohol based clean and charge station
- 50 Minutes runtime per charge
Philips Norelco OneBlade
Best Beard Trimmer
The Philips Norelco OneBlade is a new product recently launched in the market that has been steadily flying off the shelves. It’s one of the best beard trimmers you can buy that is perfect for sensitive skin. It’s a hybrid trimmer and is made from durable plastic and comes with three shaving guards for different lengths of hair.
You can use this trimmer across your body and it comes equipped with a dual sided blade that can deliver close cuts.
This trimmer is the ideal choice for any man who is looking to trim their beard or body hair and since it’s designed specifically for sensitive skin, the OneBlade can even be used on your private areas without any worry. It weighs hardly 700g making it one of the most lightweight beard trimmers in the market.
- Replaceable shaving blade
- Rechargeable battery – 45 minutes runtime from 8 hour charge
- Follows the contours of your face
- Water resistant for easy cleaning
Andis 04603 Professional Outliner II Square Blade Trimmer
Best Trimmer for Lineups
The Andis 04603 is a professional tool that has been used around the world and is extremely versatile so you can dry-shave, create outlines and even fade your hair without much effort. It comes equipped with a blade made from high-quality carbon-steel that is precise and makes trimming your hair a painless task.
It comes equipped with a powerful 7200 RPM motor and features an ergonomically designed body allowing you to easily hold the trimmer for extended periods of time.
The Andis 04603 is not cordless and comes with an 8-foot long cord that provides you with the leeway to move around freely and trim hair at different angles. It also has a small hanger loop near the base that you can use to hang the trimmer when not in use.
- 7200rpm cutting speed
- Single speed with carbon steel blades
- Attachment combs for different hair lengths
Wahl Lithium Pen Detail Trimmer
Best Eyebrow Trimmer
One of the best premium detailing trimmers ideal for your nose hair or eyebrows is the Wahl lithium pen detailer. This trimmer is extremely compact and is the size of a large pen. It’s designed to be used on your face or any other parts of your body if you fancy a quick trim.
This device runs on a single AAA battery and is equipped with washable blades making it an extremely easy to clean device.
It has a high quality anodized aluminum casing that is quite durable and will ensure that the trimmer lasts a long time. It’s affordable and priced under $15 which is definitely something you need to consider investing in.
- Multi-purpose trimmer
- Rinseable blades
- Eyebrow guide attachment
- AAA battery powered
Manscaped Lawn Mower 4.0
Best Trimmer for Balls
The Manscaped lawn mower 4.0 is one of the best high-quality trimmers in the markets that are designed specifically for your groin and private parts. This trimmer is one of the best men’s grooming tools to buy this year and what’s more, it’s affordable and can be yours for well under $100.
The lawn mower 4.0 is an ergonomically designed trimmer that comes along with a bottle of ball deodorant that smells really good.
This trimmer comes with around 4 different sized attachments and is equipped with rust-proof, ceramic blades that have a snap-in locking feature making them best for hygiene and sharpness. There’s a built-in LED display along with a high-performance battery that lasts for up to 90 minutes on a single charge.
- 1-4 blade attachments
- Tri-level LED unit
- 90 minutes battery life
- Soft ceramic blades
JohnBee Eyebrow Scissors
Best Nose and Eyebrow Scissors
JohnBee is a famous and well-known men’s grooming brand and one of their most affordable scissor kits. This kit is currently priced at under $5 on Amazon and includes a pair of eyebrow scissors, nose hair scissors, ear hair scissors and a storage bag.
These scissors are made from high-quality stainless steel and feature an ergonomic design. You can use these scissors across your body and are ideal to carry with you if you’re heading on a trip.
The JohnBee scissors can be used to cut individual strands of hair at a time and come with precision tips that you can use to gently lift your hair prior to cutting it.
- Kit includes 3 pairs of scissors and a tweezer
- Comes with a travel pouch
- Made from high quality stainless steel
Takumi Craftsman Luxury 9-Piece Kit
Best Manicure Set
The Takumi is by far the best manicure set for men that contains some impressive and effective grooming tools to not only trim your fingernails but also your nose hair and ear hair. It has everything a man needs to help him look his best and all these tools come in a neat little leather zip-pouch.
The Takumi luxury manicure set makes the perfect gifting option for men and has been designed to be unisex so women can also get in on the action. It’s definitely the best manicure set for men because it’s travel-friendly, compact and has all the necessary tools to maintain a neat set of nails.
- Kit includes – Nail clipper, Cuticle nipper, Nail file, Cuticle Remover SS, Cuticle pusher SS,Nail and Cuticle cleaner, Tweezers, Nose scissors, Leather pouch
- Kit is made from high quality surgical stainless steel
Best Men’s Grooming Tips
Here are some important tips to follow so you have a complete self-grooming experience.
- While grooming your face or body and if you’re using waterproof tools, make sure you use warm water as this will help open your pores and make it easier to get rid of hair.
- Make sure you trim your eyebrows, ear hair, nose hair and cut your nails.
- Always change your razor blade after a few weeks so you get a close shave at all times and if you’re using a clipper with a carbon blade, make sure you oil it after every use.
- Apply aftershave post your shower when you’re done grooming yourself.
- Store all your grooming essentials in an air-tight box to prevent moisture from damaging them.
Which are the best grooming tools for men?
There are many different grooming tools available in the market that target specific regions of your body. In our opinion and based on the tests we conducted, the best grooming tools for men are the Philips Norelco OneBlade, Manscaped 4.0, and the Takumi Craftsman 9-piece kit.
What grooming tools do men need?
This varies from person to person and would depend on how much they want to groom. The ideal grooming tools are, hair clippers, a beard trimmer, body trimmer, eyebrow scissors, nose hair trimmer, nail clippers, a nail file and tweezers.