A wallet is something men use on a daily basis to store their cards and cash. It’s always going to be on us at all times and if you’re still stuck with loose change and currency in your pockets, it’s time you get yourself a good quality wallet.
The one major problem with hunting for wallets is that there are so many out there, it’s nearly impossible to decide on which one to buy. There are a few things such as design, material, storage space, price and style that you need to first consider if you want to find the best men’s wallet for yourself.
But, which is the best men’s wallet?
Based on our research, the best men’s wallet of 2022 is the Travando Slim Wallet with Money Clip. It’s sleek, trendy and is equipped with industry-standard RFID blocking. What’s more, this wallet is made from Carbon fiber leather and can hold cash, cards and makes a wonderful gifting option.
To help you make an informed decision, our team at Mammoth Men have reviewed over 30 different wallets for men and found the following 8 to be the best that you can find online today.
Here are the top 8 best men’s wallets.
- Bellroy Leather Hide & Seek RFID Wallet
- Travando Slim Wallet with Money Clip
- Fossil Ingram Leather Trifold Wallet
- Tumi Nassau Gusseted Card Case
- Herschel Charlie RFID Card Case
- Timberland Men’s Leather Trifold Wallet
- Fidelo Minimalist Hybrid Wallet for Men
- Columbia Men’s RFID Trifold Wallet
Recommended Read: Best Men’s Vest Jackets
Things to consider before buying a men’s wallet
Before you can purchase your next wallet, there are certain things you have to take into consideration. You will need something stylish and long lasting as it’s going to be one of your most used possessions.
Here are a couple of things to thing about before buying a wallet.
- Available Compartments – The first thing you will need to check is how many compartments the wallet has and what can be stored within. You will obviously need one that has compartments to hold coins, notes and even business cards.
- Material – The wallet you choose should be made from high-grade materials. Do not pick one made from low quality cloth or plastic. The best men’s wallets are either made from genuine leather or a blend of polyester and cotton.
- Occasion – Finally, consider the use and why you need a new wallet. Whether it’s for business use or casual, there are millions of wallets to choose from, so make the right choice.
- Color – Wallets are available in a wide range of colors and there’s one for every type of man out there. Pick the most appropriate color for your use and make sure it blends well with your getup.
- Data Protection – Not all wallets come with RFID blocking capabilities and only a few have it built-into the wallet. If you plan on carrying a platinum or a black card in your wallet, then it’s best to opt or one with RFID blocking capabilities.
Types of Men’s Wallets
Men have a wide selection of wallets to choose from. This makes it difficult to find the most appropriate wallet to buy. Here are some of the most popular types of men’s wallets in the market today.
- Bifold Wallets – Bifold wallets as the name suggests, are those that can be folded in two. These wallets offers easy money management and grant easy access to your cards and notes. They are lightweight and there are hundreds of options to choose from.
- Minimalist Wallets – These are extremely slim wallets that are designed for men who prefer to carry plastic money around such as debit or credit cards. They are available in a range of designs and offer limited space for notes.
- Money Clips – Money clips are ideal for men who like to flaunt their wealth. They’re fashionable accessories for men but offer no protection and can carry only a limited number of bills at a time.
- Travel Wallets – Slightly larger than a regular wallet, travel wallets are designed to hold everything you will need when out on a trip. These wallets come with a pocket for your passport, flight/train tickets, money and more. Travel wallets are not ideal for your pocket and would have to be kept in your backpack instead.
- Trifold Wallets – Quite similar to bifold wallets, trifold ones come with three folds and are not used by everyone. They let you store a lot of cash and cards in them and are generally made from high-quality leathers.
Top 8 Best Men’s Wallets
Bellroy Leather Hide & Seek RFID Wallet
We’re starting this list off with a premium quality pure leather bifold wallet from Bellroy. This wallet comes with RFID protection in the lining and is big enough to hold up to 12 cards, bills and coins.The Hide & Seek as it’s so appropriately named comes with a hidden pocket on the inside that’s large enough to hold some spare cash.
It has been made from environmentally certified leather and has a leather lining on the inside. There are 4 card slots on the inside and it even has a specifically designed storage section for business cards that will keep them in the best condition possible.
Material – Leather
Colors – Basalt, Navy, Caramel, Marine Blue, Black
Travando Slim Wallet with Money Clip
Travando wallets are literally some of the best wallets money can buy. They are extremely affordable, look cool and offer the best security against RFID scanners. The Slim wallet and money clip comes with 11 card pockets for debit cards, credit cards and even business cards.
The RFID protective lining on the wallet can block out 13.56 MHz bandwidth and keep your card data safe at all times. It also has a built in money clip allowing you to store more money at a time than other conventional wallets.
This wallet is made from faux leather and the exterior finish has a carbon fiber appearance, so that’s cool. All-in-all, the slim wallet and money clip from Travando is a great buy for any kind of man looking for decent storage space and optimal protection from data theft.
Material – Carbon fiber Leather
Colors – Black, Orange and Black, Black and White, Chocolate, Grey, Red, Brown
Fossil Ingram Leather Trifold Wallet
Here’s a mid-range men’s wallet from the well-known brand Fossil. The Ingram leather trifold wallet is made from 100% authentic cow leather and cotton, so not only does it look great, but it feels amazing too. Unfortunately, if you’re keen on security, this wallet does not offer any RFID protection so it would be best if you choose one that does.
This wallet features a tri-fold design without any closure. It carries a slim form factor and is equipped with adequate storage options for your cards, bills and coins. It’s a wonderful choice for those looking to get something minimal and the packaging was top notch which is a plus point in my books.
Material – Leather, Cotton
Colors – Brown, Black, Dark Brown
Tumi Nassau Gusseted Card Case
If you’re a business man with loads of cards to carry around with you, then the Tumi Gusseted card case will be your best buy. This men’s wallet is more than a regular wallet because it can hold way more business cards and credit cards than other wallets out there.
It’s made from leather and has a leather lining on the inside as well. This wallet features an ID window which you can use to display your photographs or an ID card, a gusseted open pocket, a slip pocket, an RFID lock and even 2 additional card pockets.
The Nassau Gusseted case feels great in your hands, even better in your pocket. It’s time to up your game with this card case and rest easy knowing all your card data is secure.
Material – Fabric
Colors – Black Texture, Electric Blue, Grey Texture
Herschel Charlie RFID Card Case
The Herschel Charlie RFID wallet is a 100% polyester product that can easily be hand washed. It has a striped fabric liner and comes equipped with multiple card slots and a single storage sleeve to keep your bills and cash.
This budget-friendly wallet from Herschel is a sleek choice for men who want bare minimum and if it’s something that holds your ID, cards and some cash then it’s definitely one to consider buying.
What we really liked about this product is that even though the design is rather minimal and sleek, it does come equipped with an RFID blocking layer that can keep your card data safe at all times.
Material – 100% Polyester
Colors – Navy, Black, Brown, Chocolate, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Carbon
Timberland Men’s Leather Trifold Wallet
This Timberland Men’s leather wallet features a trifold structure that’s made entirely of genuine leather and comes with a 100% man-made internal lining. The wallet is compact and comes with 6 card slots, an ID pocket, 2 cash pockets and 2 slip pockets. It’s an elegant addition to your wardrobe and is something that will easily keep all your currency and cards safe.
The Timberland leather trifold wallet is ideal for everyday use and is probably one of the most affordable men’s wallets to be featured on this list. We liked the fact that this wallet is available in over 10 different colors and you can choose one that’s best for you.
Material – Leather
Colors – Black, Black and Brown, Brown, Tan, Dark Brown
Fidelo Minimalist Hybrid Wallet for Men
Fidelo is a high-tech store that develops and sells some pretty impressive goods. One of their best and probably the most sought after wallet is their Hybrid RFID card wallets. This product is a futuristic gadget more than a traditional wallet and comes in a three-piece design that lets you get the most out of it.
This card wallet consists of a leather case, a cash band and a wallet chamber that’s designed to hold up to 4 cards or 2 cards and 10 cash bills. It is meant to be stored in the front pockets of your shirt or pants and comes equipped with RFID protection that can effectively block up to 13.56 MHz frequency and keep your card data safe from thieves.
Material – Leather
Colors – Black, Brown, Carbon, Grey, Espresso, Rusted Brown
Columbia Men’s RFID Trifold Wallet
Here’s a 100% pure leather wallet that has a polyester lining and one of the most well-designed soft trifold wallets for men. the Columbia RFID trifold wallet comes with a clear ID card window that has a thumb ejector. It also has a main pocket to hold your bills, 2 additional pockets for more bills and currency along with 6 card sleeves to hold photographs, credit/debit cards and more.
The trifold design has contrast stitching and a Columbia logo embossed at the front. It’s available in over 5 colors and out personal favorite was the one in black. It’s also good to know that this wallet is made from pure leather and is something that will last you for years to come.
Material – Leather
Colors – Black Joe, Lofton Brown, Newberry Black
What is the best material for wallets?
It’s good to note that each material has its own pros and cons so it would be dependent on whether you want something premium, waterproof or stylish. Wallets are made from a range of materials such as cotton, nylon, polyester and leather while some are made from metal. But in our opinion, leather wallets are the best way to go since they’re stylish and made from high-quality materials.
What type of wallet is best for my needs?
The answer to this question depends on the kind of material you carry around on a daily basis. If you’re a business owner or a business man then you will surely need something that’s able to carry all your business cards, credit cards and cash. Ideally, any bifold wallet is perfect to use for regular day-to-day affairs and trifold or money clips are meant for those looking to carry bare minimum.
What is the benefit of RFID wallets?
RFID wallets are regular wallets that come with a layer of RFID protection material to ensure no one can scan and swipe the contents of your credit or debit cards. This technology has recently been included in cards issued by top banks so you wouldn’t require a wallet with RFID protection capabilities, though you could opt for one if you’re looking for added security.
What kind of wallets do guys like?
We’re living in a digital age and most of the times we depend on plastic modes or payment or wireless ones. Guys prefer sleek wallets that are not too bulky and can hold their basic essentials. In terms of style, guys tend to prefer a minimal card holder or a bifold wallet.
Where to buy men’s wallets?
There are many places one can buy wallets, you can find them at your local retailer or if you wish then you can buy them online via sites like Amazon. It’s always a good idea to check the wallet first-hand before making a purchase because only then will you truly know what quality and material is used to make it.
Well there you have it, the top 8 best men’s wallets that you can find online. These are practical wallets that are the best in their class and are some items that men would love to carry around on a daily basis.
We hope this list helped you make your decision and you now know what to look for when buying a wallet for your personal needs.
Until next time!