If 360 waves are your thing, you will need to invest in a good natural shampoo that actually works.
It has been a long and tiring search to find the best natural shampoo for 360 waves since most of the companies claim their products work, but in reality it’s the other way around.
The main reason why you need to get a good wave shampoo is because anything else would result in thinning and hair loss, especially if you have 360 waves.
After trying and testing out a number of shampoos, I was able to come up with this list of the top 7 best natural shampoo for 360 waves.
These following products help keep your hair clean, textured, moisturized and are all natural making them perfect for your hair.
- Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo
- Nexxus Keraphix Shampoo
- Head and Shoulders 2-in-1 Shampoo
- Garnier Hair Care Fructis Shampoo
- Alberto VO5 Herbal Clarifying Shampoo
- OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo
Also Read: Best Moisturizer for 360 Waves
How Do You Wash Waves?
There are many ways you can wash waves, but this one has surely worked in the past.
- Start by applying a dime-sized amount of shampoo on your palm and then begin shampooing your damp hair in the direction your waves are set.
- Make sure to use your fingers and not the palm of your hand.
- Now, use a wave brush and comb your damp shampooed hair in the direction of your waves.
- When you’re done, wash out the shampoo and dry your hair.
- Also, remember to apply some conditioner if the shampoo does not have it included.
How I Tested the Best Natural Shampoo for 360 Waves?
Thanks to a couple of my buddies, I was able to test out a bunch of natural shampoos for 360 waves. Here are some of the tests we conducted to see how effective these shampoos are at cleansing and maintaining 360 waves.
- First I checked the moisturizing capability of the shampoo as waves, especially 360 waves on an African American’s head can tend to get dry and frizzy.
- Next I checked to see if the shampoo is able to remove product build-up on the scalp. Since you are going to use product on your waves, it’s best to ensure that your pores are clear and there’s nothing left behind on your scalp.
- Another thing I tested for is how natural the shampoos were and if they had any parabens or sulfates in the mix. The products that have been selected are free from any additives and contain 100% natural ingredients.
- Finally I tested the shampoos for how well they enhanced the definition and texture of the waves. In order for your waves to set, your hair should not be straight and smooth.
Based on the end results, each shampoo was rated on a scale of 1-5, here’s where they stand.
|Top 8 Best Natural Shampoo for 360 Waves||Ingredients||Best For|
|Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus||Coconut, Hibiscus, Shea butter, Silk Protein & Neem oil||Best for Shine|
|Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo||Argan oil||Best for Dandruff|
|Nexxus Keraphix Shampoo||Keratin Protein & Black Rice||Best for Dry Hair|
|Head and Shoulders 2-in-1 Shampoo||Almond oil, tea tree oil, lemon extract, and peppermint||Best 2-in-1 Shampoo for 360 Waves|
|Garnier Hair Care Fructis Shampoo||Argan Oil, Vitamin E||Best for Thick Hair|
|Alberto VO5 Herbal Clarifying Shampoo||Kiwi, Lime Squeeze||Best for Thin Hair|
|OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo||Coconut milk, coconut oil & egg white protein||Best Coconut Oil Shampoo|
Table of Contents
Best Natural Shampoo for 360 Waves
Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus
Best for Shine
It’s always a hard time finding the right shampoo for your hair and even harder if you’re a black man with waves.
I was quite happy when I stumbled across this shampoo that’s designed specifically for waves and to be more precise, 360 waves.
The Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo smells great and works wonders on on your hair.
Not only does it keep your hair moisturized and shiny, but along with the conditioner, you can rest assured that your 360 waves will never feel the same again.
You get that sweet Shea butter and hibiscus scent from your hair after the first wash and since it comes with coconut oil, it helps replenish any lost oil from your hair.
The hibiscus that’s added in the ingredients helps improve your hair elasticity thus reducing hair breakage.
As a recommendation, use the condition from Shea Moisture and not another brand, it’s designed to help with your 360 waves and will add a shine to your hair everyday.
- Moisturizes the hair
- Controls frizz and adds shine
- Great for men with sensitive skin
- Natural ingredients and fragrance
- Free from sulfates and parabens
- Does not do much for oil control
Rating – 5/5
Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo
Best for Dandruff
Here’s one of my personal favorites, the Creme of Nature shampoo and conditioner set.
It’s probably one of the best shampoos on this list if you’re a man with 360 waves but are also battling dandruff and dry scalp issues.
The Argan oil that’s present in the formulation helps boost the moisture content on your scalp and ensures that your scalp is kept hydrated.
It’s known to be a great natural shampoo for 360 waves and is effective at removing flaky skin. I loved the after scent from using this shampoo and if you’re looking for a complete hair treatment then consider buying the set of three.
This all natural shampoo for 360 waves works well on all kinds of hair and is safe to use on your head even if you have sensitive skin.
- Uses Argan oil which is great for dry hair
- Effectively removes dandruff
- Available in a set of 3
- Hydrates the scalp
- Scent may be a bit overpowering for some
Rating – 4.5/5
Nexxus Keraphix Shampoo
Best for Dry Hair
Looking to beat the summer heat and prevent scalp dryness then you should consider using the Nexxus Keraphix shampoo today.
It’s a wonderful product that has been formulated using protein, keratin and black rice, ingredients which are beneficial and can boost the moisture content in your hair.
After using this product for roughly a week, I noticed that my hair which was once dry was beginning to get repaired and this shampoo definitely kept the 360 waves revitalized and cleansed.
The only drawback I could find with this product is that it is slightly expensive and costs more than all the products listed here.
- Moisturizes and hydrates the scalp
- Removes product built-up
- Revitalizes and cleanses
- Beneficial for hair growth
Rating – 4.5/5
Head and Shoulders 2-in-1 Shampoo
Best 2-in-1 Shampoo for 360 Waves
If you’re looking for a natural 2-in1 shampoo cum conditioner then look no further as the Head&Shoulders dry scalp care product is perfect to help keep your 360 waves in check.
Think of it like a shampoo with the after-effects of the conditioner all in one single bottle.
Another brilliant reason why you should consider buying the H&S shampoo for your waves is because since the bottle is large, you can get around 3 months worth of shampoo if you wash your hair roughly 2-3 times a week.
After using this shampoo, my waves felt softer and moisturized. It’s also a great choice for those suffering from dry hair and dandruff.
It’s paraben free and uses essential oils to help clean and keep your hair hydrated.
- All natural ingredients
- 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner
- Free from parabens
- Perfect for dry scalp
Rating – 5/5
Garnier Hair Care Fructis Shampoo
Best for Thick Hair
The Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine shampoo is great for those with coarse or thick hair and if you have created 360 waves and are looking to maintain them.
What’s really nice about this shampoo is that it does not mess up your waver, but keeps it soft and smooth.
While lathering this shampoo on your waves, you will notice that it doesn’t wash the waves out and would leave it intact, which is the most important thing a good wave shampoo will do.
Another thing to note is that since this shampoo is all natural and made from Argan oil and Vitamin E, you can expect to have your hair intact after even a week of use.
Moreover, the natural ingredients help protect your 360 waves from even the harshest conditions.
- Perfect for 360 waves
- Washes out product build-up
- Uses natural inggredients
- Lathers well
- Contains small traces of alcohol
Rating – 4.5/5
Alberto VO5 Herbal Clarifying Shampoo
Best for Thin Hair
The Alberto VO5 works wonders for 360 waves as it is not only a regular shampoo, but a clarifying shampoo that is truly much better for your hair.
Though this product works best for those with thin hair, it’s not something that everyone one with 360 waves would use, especially if you already have thick enough hair.
Targeted at a small group of people, this all natural shampoo uses the power of kiwi lime squeeze and lemongrass extract to help exfoliate, hydrate and smoothen your hair after a couple of washes.
It leaves your hair smelling nice and from personal experience, this shampoo certainly did help me out when I was dealing with thin hair.
I mean, it works well and i would recommend it to those looking to build some volume and set those 360 waves right.
- Great for hydrating
- Helps exfoliate the scalp
- Builds volume
- Maintains 360 waves
- Not ideal for men with thick hair
Rating – 4.5/5
OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo
Best Coconut Oil Shampoo
The OGX nourishing coconut milk shampoo is one of the best paraben free, chemical free shampoo for 360 waves.
With this product you can expect to have your 360 waves set the right way and with the benefit of coconut oil, your hair will stay strong and shine throughout the day.
What’s really great about this shampoo is that it works well with all hair types and does an equally great job if you have waves.
Another great ingredient to the mix is whipped egg white protein that helps build a strong base for your hair by strengthening the roots.
I’ve used this shampoo a couple of times and from my experience I found that my hair became softer and easier to manage.
Also, I have a certain liking towards coconut oil and for me that was another reason why I decided to try out the OGX shampoo for my waves.
- Paraben and chemical free
- Uses egg white protein
- Strengthens the roots
- Softens the hair and manages waves
Rating – 5/5
4 Tips to Take Care of 360 Waves
While shampooing your 360 waves, it’s best to follow these tips to always get the best results.
- Apply a Conditioner – It’s important to apply conditioner after shampooing your 360 waves. Most people out there end up facing problems with their waves because there’s no added protection. A good conditioner, preferably from the same brand of shampoo you’re using will surely add an extra layer of protection that your 360 waves really needs.
- Use a Wave Brush – Wave brushes are a key tool to use if you want healthy waves. If you want to boost your 360 waves then you would have to find a premium quality wave brush that uses authentic boar bristles and don’t break easily.
- Use Castor Oil – As with all oil products, the first thing you need to do is find out whether you already have oily hair or not. If yes, I wouldn’t recommend using castor oil, but if you have dry hair then castor oil would boost your hair and make it nice and supple. Make sure to use a small dab of oil and don’t exceed the recommended dosage.
- Be Consistent- Consistency is key to maintaining and looking after your waves. Only when you dedicate yourself to take care of your 360 waves, will you actually have nicely set waves. While some products won’t work for everyone, pick the right product based on your hair type. Make sure to spend at least 2-3 minutes shampooing your hair and another 2-3 minutes with conditioner to have the best results. Do this every other day without fail and you will definitely notice the difference.
Is coconut oil good for 360 waves?
Yes, coconut oil is good for 360 waves and is one of the best natural ingredients to consider in your routine if you want to get rid of dry hair, flaky skin, or knotted hair.
Can any shampoo make waves?
No, in order to make waves, you will have to use a shampoo designed specifically for waves. It is possible however to get waves by using regular shampoo as long as you choose that that has protein, herbal ingredients or has a conditioner mixed into it.
What other tools do I need to make 360 waves?
These shampoos are not just for ordinary hair. They have been selected because they work wonders on my 360 waves and each and every one of them is perfect in their own way. Trust me, once you start using any of these shampoos, you will notice a big change in your hair.
Decide on one product and try it out for around 2 weeks, you will notice the difference and if the product is not the right one for you, you can always switch over to the next one and see whether it sits well with your type of hair.
In my opinion, the best natural shampoo for 360 waves is the WaveBuilder Wash in Waves shampoo. It helps keep your waves in check and is quite affordable so you wouldn’t have to worry about how much you’re spending on your hair.