Face washes are an essential part of any man’s skin care routine that can drastically reduce oiliness and acne build-up.
Men of all races suffer from skin problems due to various factors such as dust and pollution or the harmful rays of the sun. In order for you to look your best, you must start using a good quality face wash on a daily basis.
There are many brands out there that are known for their effective face washes, but there’s just one brand that has taken it to a whole new level, and that’s none other than Nivea.
The best Nivea men’s face washes are suitable for oily skin, bearded skin, sensitive and even combination skin. These products will help you by keeping your skin hydrated and will act as a natural barrier against external forces.
Today, we’re going to take a quick look at the 8 best Nivea Men’s face washes out there and see whether they’re worth the buck and if they’re something you should get behind.
- Nivea Men Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Face Wash
- Nivea Men Original Deep Cleansing Face Scrub
- Nivea Men All-in-1 Charcoal Face Wash
- Nivea Men Deep Cleansing Face Wash
- Nivea Men Protect & Care Face Cleansing Scrub
- Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash with Vitamin E
- Nivea Men Dark Spot Reduction Face Wash
- Nivea Men Oil Control All-in-One Face Wash
Recommended Read: Best Nivea Men’s Deodorant
Top 8 Best Nivea Men’s Face Wash
Nivea Men Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Face Wash
Pack of 1/150ml or 5 fl oz
One of the best Nivea Men’s face wash in the market today is the Maximum Hydration wash that is designed to help men with dry and tight skin. It’s formulated to deep clean your face and ensure your pores are free from dirt and grime. This face wash also has Aloe Vera and Pro-vitamin B5 added into the mix to ensure your skin is kept hydrated and clean.
The Maximum hydration moisturizing face wash for men can be used during your shower, after waking up or returning home from work and can also be used as a shaving gel to help moisturize your skin. For best results, we recommend that you lather the gel over your face while avoiding your eyes and gently rinse it off with some lukewarm water.
- Recommended Skin Type – Dry Skin
- Primary Ingredients – Aloe Vera & Pro-vitamin B5
Nivea Men Original Deep Cleansing Face Scrub
Pack of 2/125g or 4.4 oz
The Nivea Men Original Deep Cleansing face scrub is available in packs of 2 and are infused with Aloe Vera and Pro-vitamin E to ensure your skin is protected and clean. This face scrub is designed to help hydrate and revitalize your skin which is something you need in this day and age.
It’s mild and but highly effective at scrubbing away dead skin cells and eliminating excess oil from your face. I loved using this face wash mainly because it evens out your skin if you have a combination type of skin where some sections of your face are oily whereas others are dry. It’s one of the best and most effective men’s face wash from Nivea and you should try it out today.
- Recommended Skin Type – Combination & Oily Skin
- Primary Ingredients – Aloe Vera & Pro-vitamin E
Nivea Men All-in-1 Charcoal Face Wash
Pack of 1/100ml
Charcoal as an active ingredient in a face wash will definitely help reduce acne build up or dust from collecting in your pores. It’s a highly effective face wash with a great 4 star rating and a budget friendly price tag of around $9 on Amazon.
The Nivea Men All-in-1 charcoal face wash is ideal for oily and dry skin and has been formulated with menthol that leaves your skin feeling fresh and cool. It can remove excess impurities from your face and you wouldn’t require more than a pea-sized amount of gel to cover your whole face. It is known to detoxify your face and this will result in tighter pores and rejuvenated skin.
- Recommended Skin Type – Oily Skin
- Primary Ingredients – Natural charcoal, menthol
Nivea Men Deep Cleansing Face Wash
Pack of 3/100ml or 3.3 fl oz
The Nivea Men Deep Cleansing Face Wash is the perfect product to buy if you’re a bearded man. This face wash for men has been formulated with natural ingredients and contains natural charcoal that can remove excess dirt from your face.
It’s known to thoroughly cleanse your skin and will keep your beard feeling soft and fresh. We loved using the Deep Cleansing face wash mainly because it smells like a blend of vanilla and bourbon. The effects of this gel face wash lasts a really long time and will leave your skin feeling hydrated and oil free.
- Recommended Skin Type – Dry Bearded Skin
- Primary Ingredients – Natural Charcoal, Natural Fragrances
Nivea Men Protect & Care Face Cleansing Scrub
Pack of 1/75ml
The Nivea Men Protect & Care Face Cleansing Scrub is formulated to work deeply on your pores and free them from dirt and dust. As a scrub, it’s capable of removing excess oil and impurities from your skin, leaving your skin feeling refined and smooth.
This face wash contains scrub particles that can rejuvenate your skin and remove dead skin cells. It’s compatible with all types of skin and with the help of Aloe and Pro-vitamin B5, the Protect & Care face scrub will ensure your skin’s natural barrier is kept protected and there are no impurities left behind.
- Recommended Skin Type – All skin types
- Primary Ingredients – Aloe Vera with Pro-vitamin B5
Check it out on Amazon
Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash with Vitamin E
Pack of 1/150ml or 5 fl oz
The Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash with Vitamin E is a very effective and affordable product for men that does a phenomenal job at clearing excess oil and combating dryness. It’s formulated for sensitive skin and is free from soap or dyes that can cause skin irritation. This face wash does not have alcohol too, so that’s perfect since alcohol in face washes are known to make your skin dry.
This face wash is gentle on your skin and will easily leave you feeling refreshed after even a single wash. It’s made from natural Vitamin E, Chamomile and Witch Hazel which are ingredients that promote softness and can soothe your skin. It’s a good purchase and for under $5, this face wash for men is definitely worth every cent.
- Recommended Skin Type – Sensitive Skin
- Primary Ingredients – Vitamin E with Chamomile
Nivea Men Dark Spot Reduction Face Wash
Pack of 1/100ml or 3.38 fl oz
Dark spots caused by acne build up and the sun can be reversed and ultimately eliminated from your skin. In order to do that you need to use a specially formulated face wash that can combat dark spots and blemishes. The dark spot reduction face wash from Nivea is highly effective at reducing acne occurrence and can control oil for up to 12 hours at a time.
This product is something you’d use if you’re experiencing skin dryness, dark spots and any dark lines on your face. It helps brighten your skin and does not leave behind any residue. For best results, it’s advisable to use a pea-sized quantity of the face wash and lather it across your face. Once done, gently rinse your face with a round of lukewarm water followed by a round of cold water.
- Recommended Skin Type – Oily skin with dark spots
- Primary Ingredients – Vitamin C
Nivea Men Oil Control All-in-One Face Wash Pump Pack
Pack of 1/150ml
If you’re in the market for an all-in-one face wash that is designed to tackle excessive oil, then it’s time you check out this product. The All-in-one face wash comes in a pump pack while is ergonomic and easy to use. This is great because you can top it up with a bit from a refill pack and have an unlimited supply for your personal use.
The Nivea men oil control face wash helps with acne and uses natural charcoal and menthol to cleanse your skin and keep it feeling cool and fresh throughout the day. Since it has a strong effect it should not be used in excess as too much of this face wash can dry up your skin.
- Recommended Skin Type – Oily Skin
- Primary Ingredients – Menthol with activated charcoal
What to look for in a face wash for men?
Face washes are skin care products designed to help combat a wide range of skin ailments caused by external forces. In order to get the best and most effective face wash for yourself, you need to first understand two things; your skin type and if you’d like a gel based product or a scrub.
- Skin Type – The first thing to check is your skin type and determine whether you need a face wash to help with oiliness, dryness, dark spots or dehydration. Depending on this, you will find different face washes targeting specific skin types. Pick the most appropriate face wash as by using the wrong one can sometimes lead to new skin conditions.
- Gel based or Scrub – A gel based face wash will lather up well on your skin and leave you feeling softer and smoother than before. Gel based face washes are ideal for men suffering from dryness or excess oil. A scrub on the other hand is designed specifically to exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells. This type of face wash is great for those with blackheads or clogged pores.
How to effectively use a face wash?
Normally face washes come with a set of instructions printed on the back that you should follow. These steps are generally laid out so you get the best treatment possible from each product.
- Start by splashing your face with some cold water.
- Make sure your hair does not fall on your face.
- Apply a dime sized portion of face wash on your hands and gently massage the product on your face in a circular motion.
- Rinse your face first with a round of warm water followed by some cold water so there’s no traces of product on your face.
- Finally gently dab your skin with a soft and dry towel.