Black men are prone to skin sensitivity and hyper-pigmentation, so it’s a must that you use the right soap on your skin.
Many soaps have a mix of chemicals in then that could damage your skin and this is definitely something you do not want.
We’ve tried and tested out a bunch of different soaps for black men and have shortlisted the following 6 as the best soaps for African American Black Men.
We took factors like ingredients, price and health benefits into consideration while drawing out this list. So without further ado, here’s the top 6 best soaps for African American Black men.
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap
- O Naturals 3 Bars African Black Soap
- Keika Naturals Charcoal Black Soap
- Mistral Bar Soap Organic
- Dr. Squatch Pine Tar Soap
- Original African Black Soap with Egyptian Musk
Top 6 Best Soaps for African American Black Men
SheaMoisture African Black Soap
The Shea Moisture African Black Soap is probably the best product on this list and one of the best we’ve had to review so far. SheaMoisture has been creating some of the best organic and all-natural soaps, shampoos, body creams for black men and we’ve even reviewed some of their impressive shaving products for black skin.
Their African black soap has been formulated with Shea butter to moisturize and cleanse your skin keeping you feeling fresh throughout the day. It is ideal for sensitive skin and gently gets rid of impurities, dist and toxins that have latched onto your skin.
This soap for black men is available in a pack of 6 which would easily last you for up to a year with daily use. The organic ingredients keep the oil levels of your skin in check and with other ingredients such as Tamarind and Palm Ash that leave you feeling refreshed and clean.
O Naturals 3 Bars African Black Soap
Known for its moisturizing and anti-inflammatory benefits, the O Naturals African black soap is one of the best rated soaps for black men and is probably one of the few that exfoliates your skin while keeping acne at bay.
The O Naturals is available in a set of 3 bars and has been formulated using Vegan ingredients such as Organic shea butter, Plantain ash, Dead sea mud and other beneficial ingredients that helps reduce fine lines, sun spots and improves the overall texture of your skin.
It’s a great product to use mainly because it does not contain any sulfates, parabens or other harmful ingredients that can actually cause harm to your skin. You have have traces of olive oil, lavender and coconut oil that keep your skin moisturized and boost collagen production.
Keika Naturals Charcoal Black Soap Bar
If you’re dealing with numerous skin problems at a time then the best soap to go for will be the Keika Naturals Charcoal black soap. This product has been known to reduce Eczema, Acne and Psoriasis in black men and has been formulated to treat oily skin.
Each bar of the Charcoal black soap has been hand-made in Canada and is completely GMO free with no chemical additives. It’s a multi-purpose soap that can be used on your face, body and even while shaving.
The Keika Naturals works as a natural treatment for troubled skin and has been known to last longer than other bars in the market. You wouldn’t get a strong scent from the soap, however you may find that it smells like peppermint, essential oils and green tea, which are natural ingredients in the bar of soap and not artificial fragrances.
Mistral Bar Soap Organic
The Mistral bar soap is an organic and all-natural soap that has been made from all natural ingredients and is completely free from alcohol, parabens, tallow and phthalates. It has been triple-milled and is considered to be the most long lasting soap on this list.
Mistral deals with organic male grooming products such as shaving creams, body washes, fragrances and more. Their soaps however have been formulated with Argan oil, cocoa shell powder, Citric acid, grape leaf extract and fragrance.
The soap is available in 9 different fragrances and while they all cost the same, the best smelling one of the lot is the Bourbon Vanilla which gives off a subtle Vanilla and bourbon with a blend of golden tobacco.
Dr. Squatch Pine Tar Soap
The Dr. Squatch pine tar soap is one of the best soaps for African American black men and one of the best skin scrub exfoliating soaps out there. This item is extremely popular on Amazon and has been made from all natural ingredients such as pine tar, olive, coconut oil, shea butter, lye, oatmeal and sand.
This soap is great to use on black men and thanks to ingredients such as oatmeal and coconut oil, the soap exfoliates and gently massages your skin which is definitely something you need while having a shower.
While this soap has proven to be one of the best, it’s also one of the only soaps that we have tried which deteriorated faster than the others which means you might have to spend more in a shorter period of time. All-in-all, that’s only a minor issue with this soap as its health benefits truly trump it’s one flaw.
Original African Black Soap with Egyptian Musk
This black soap from Sunflower is a brilliant choice simply because it’s yet again another all-natural soap that leaves you smelling pleasant with an earthy and woody aroma. It’s primary ingredients are Shea butter and Cocoa butter and has been formulated with organic ingredients to cleanse your skin while helping with any complexion issues you may have.
It contains other helpful ingredients such as argan oil, olive oil and jojoba oil that keep your skin moisturized and exfoliated everyday. We found that this soap was great in treating oily skin and had the ability to offer deep cleansing for your skin.
You can pick from one of the 6 available soaps in this range and they all are beneficial to your skin. You have the White diamond, baby powder, shea butter, sex on the beach and lick me all over apart from the Egyptian musk to choose from.
How to Care for Black Skin?
Black men have many skin problems and most are attributed to the harmful UV rays of the sun or from dust and pollution. That is why you need to take care of your skin in the best way possible especially if you’re a black man.
Here’s how you can take care of your skin.
- Cleanse well – The most important thing to do first will be to cleanse your skin thoroughly. If you have been exposed to high amounts of carbon, dust or any toxic pollutants, then you will have to use a premium soap that has been made from natural ingredients to clean and exfoliate your skin. Pick a soap that has been made without any chemical additives and does not leave behind any residue.
- Moisturize yourself – Keeping your body moisturized is another way to reduce and stop oily skin or acne from breaking out. Use a moisturizer that locks in your skin’s moisture content and one that does not leave behind any greasy residue on your skin. Using moisturizers will keep your skin soft and supple and can prevent your skin from getting dry and flaky.
- Use sunscreen – Another cause of a lot of problems in black men will be the harmful UV rays from the sun that can cause skin cancer. While sunbathing might be a great solution, always making sure that you use a SPF 50 sunscreen can definitely help keep you protected.
- Treat your Acne – Acne breakouts take place when the skin is oily and the pores are blocked. The only way to get rid of acne prone skin will be to treat it as soon as it breaks out. Delaying your skin treatments will allow the breakout to spread across your face and it becomes difficult to tackle the issue.
- Maintain a healthy diet – A balanced and healthy diet is key to healthy skin. Foods such as avocados, walnuts and fish that are high in fat are ideal because they have skin-refining properties. Include other food items such as sunflower seeds and sweet potatoes into your diet as these are high in Beta Carotene and Vitamin E.
- Keep yourself hydrated – Yes, keeping yourself hydrated throughout the day is beneficial to your skin and will keep you feeling hydrated with healthy-looking skin. Ideally, you must have around 8 glasses of water a day or 2 L of water per day in order to maintain healthy skin.
Best Soaps for African American Black Men – Buying Guide
Here are some of the important things to consider when buying the best soaps for African American black men.
- Natural Ingredients – While buying soaps for black men, it’s ideal to look for products that have been formulated with natural ingredients such as shea butter, coconut oil jojoba, argan oil, tea tree extract among others.
- No Chemicals – Keep in mind that one of the major causes of troubled skin is the chemicals that are in soaps. You have to ensure that the soap you pick does not contain any parabens, sulfates or phthalate and SLS.
- Quality – In order to have a complete and satisfying shower, you will need to use high quality products. Premium-grade soaps cause dryness and will retain the natural oils that are present in your skin. Make sure to moisturize your skin with a good exfoliating/moisturizing soap to reduce dryness and keep your skin healthy.
- Fragrance – If you’re interested in fragrance in your soap then keep an eye on those that are perfect for sensitive skin. Any soap that smells great and targets men’s sensitivity issues will be made from natural ingredients and won’t contain any chemical additives or artificial fragrances.
- Deep Cleansing – Pick a soap that offers deep cleaning capabilities. The right soap for black men is the one that helps remove dirt, dust and toxic elements from within your skin and would help keep your skin oil free and hydrated.
The best soaps for African American Black men are those that do not harm your skin, use all natural ingredients in their formulation and keep your skin moisturized and soft.
In our opinion, the best soap for African-American black men is the Shea Moisture African Black Soap for men.
Hope this list helped you out in deciding which soap to buy.